I found this recipe on another food blog and since I love both chocolate chip cookies and ice cream it seemed like a cookie I would definitely have to try.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (as we use salted butter, this was omitted)
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (we used milk chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add ice cream.
3. In another bowl mix flour and baking soda together (and salt if using). Mix into wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Place spoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake 9-11 min (at 9 ours were nicely cooked).
The blog said it makes 3 to 4 dozen. We made 88 cookies (work will be getting some on Monday!). They were small-ish, but not incredibly so. They did expand some in the oven.
My mom and sister loved them, calling them light and fluffy. I didn’t hate them, but I didn’t love them, but I can’t put into words why.
ETA: I brought the leftover cookies to work and everyone there loved them. One person even called them the best cookies I had made. So now I feel a little weird not liking them as much as other people.