I made these cupcakes last weekend; one of the few from the best cupcake book that we actually enjoyed. Originally, they called for mini Reese’s Pieces to be placed on the top of each cupcake, but I omitted them since I don’t like peanut butter.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (which is 4 squares in the Baker’s package)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin cups with paper cups.
2. Heat butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until melted smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Gradually stir in sugar, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Stir in flour.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake 18 min or until done.