This is a recipe I got from Kraft. Their recipes are usually pretty easy and, on the most part, delicious.
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cut into strips
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cook noodles as directed on the package. Drain. Rinse with cold water.
2. Mix chicken, ricotta cheese (as I do not like ricotta cheese, we made some without it for me, then we made some with ricotta cheese and the chicken for my sister, then some with no chicken and just the ricotta cheese and the Parmesan mixture for my grand-mother, who was visiting this weekend), Parmesan cheese, egg and Italian seasoning.
3. Spread one-sixth of the chicken mixture on each noodle. Roll up tightly. Place each, seam side down, in an oven dish with a bit of tomato sauce spread over the bottom (this isn’t in the recipe, but it’s from my mom, who says that a little bit of sauce on the bottom of the dish will keep the noodles from sticking and burning). Pour the rest of the sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake 30 min.
Verdict: I liked the non-ricotta chicken versions of them, though I felt the seasoning was a little off for me. I will need to experiment to see what I might like better.