I found this recipe on the Picky Palate blog. In the recipe it said you could choose to make them as blondies or to make them as cookies; I chose blondies.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (neither me nor my sister are fond of white chocolate, so we use regular chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because of the salted butter we were using)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (35% cream)
- 10 Kit Kat sticks (we used only 2 bars, so 8 sticks)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
2. Mix sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt (if using) in a large bowl. Mix in chocolate mixture. Add eggs and cream. (We used slightly more than 2 tablespoons of cream, because it was a little too dry with just 2 tablespoons).
3. Break up (or crumble) Kit Kat sticks and add to mixture.
4. Pour into brownie pan and bake 30-35 min.
Verdict: Brought them to my family’s house for the Christmas holidays and everyone there loved them. For me, the blondies I have made in the past have had more of a chocolate chip cookie taste than these blondies did and I found that a baked Kit Kat is a little too mushy for me.