This is the last recipe I was interested in trying from my Cupcake recipe book, making it the first official cookbook I have worked my way through! Yeah!
- 1 16-ounce package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I use Pillsbury, because it’s the only brand I know and because it is delicious)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% cream)
- Mini marshmallows
- 18 bear-shaped graham crackers (this was originally a recipe intended for kids. I just used 2 large graham crackers broken into smaller pieces)
1. Let dough stand at room temperature for 15 min. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin cups with paper cups (the recipe said it could make 18 cupcakes, we made 16).
2. Combine dough and graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Mix until well blended. Shape into balls. Press into bottom and side of prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake 12 to 15 min (12 min was fine for us). Remove from oven and immediately begin gently pressing down the bottom of each cookie with the back of a spoon. Cool at least 10 min.
4. Heat cream in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to boil. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. Pour boiling cream over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Cool 5 min. Preheat broiler.
5. Divide chocolate mixture evenly among cookie cups (maybe because we had 2 less, we had a lot more chocolate than needed, so we didn’t use all of it on topping the cookies). Top each with 7 marshmallows (we used 4). Broil 20 to 30 seconds until marshmallows are golden brown. Top with graham crackers (because we had chocolate left over, we then drizzled chocolate on top of the graham cracker).
Verdict: Delicious. A little too much chocolate, though, so I will probably use less chocolate chips next time.