I found this recipe on another online food blog.
- 1 cup butter (I had a little less than 1 cup of butter left, so I used it all)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (I had to use 3 because I found the dough too dry after adding in the flour, but it could be because I didn’t have enough butter)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (omitted because I use salted butter)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- It says 1 bag of M&Ms (I don’t know if the original recipe meant a small or big bag, I only had a big bag, so I used that. At 5 M&Ms pressed into the top of each cookie, it was about 100 M&Ms)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Add to wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Press 1/4 cup of dough into muffin top pan. Press M&Ms on top of each cookie. Bake 12-15 min until edges are golden brown.
The recipe said it made 18 cookies made in a muffin top pan. I made 20 muffin top cookies and was surprised to get that many because they were giant cookies.
Verdict: I liked them. The size is a little overwhelming. People at work loved them!