I am getting closer to finishing the recipes from my chicken recipe book!
- 1 1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey (we used chicken)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 scallions (we used onions)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco or hot sauce to taste (which meant we didn’t use)
- Garnishes of your choice (tomatoes, lettuce, onion slices, avocado, ketchup, mustard)
- 4 hamburger buns
1. Combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (I accidentally put in both, so we had to add more breadcrumbs and the burgers were a little greasy) and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl. Trim scallions, thinly slice the white and green parts and add them in. (We chopped half of a small onion and added it.) Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Shape mixture into 4 patties (I think we made 6). Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers 7 min on each side, until cooked through.
3. When burgers are ready, assemble as desired.
Verdict: These were the best homemade chicken burgers I have tasted. Although, to be fair, I only have one other chicken burger to compare it too.