I found this recipe of AllRecipes.com. I was surprised to read something negative about the site on another site I go to, because I’ve never made anything horrible in any of the recipes I’ve tried from the site. I am pretty sure one of the rice recipes I like came from that site.
- 1 egg yolk (we used 2 whole eggs, because we were making more chicken pieces than the original recipe called for)
- 6 cloves of garlic (we used 6 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (we used 6)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Beat eggs and garlic together in a glass dish. Place chicken in egg mixture and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate chicken and marinade for at least 4 hours, or overnight. (We put them in a re-sealable bag and refrigerated about 6 hours.)
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Melt butter in an oven dish. In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in crumb mixture and place into oven dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over.
4. Bake 15 to 20 min or until chicken is cooked through.
Verdict: We enjoyed this dish, though we found it did not taste much like egg or garlic. It tasted mostly of the Parmesan cheese. I don’t know what pouring the egg mixture over the chicken got us but something that looked like scrambled eggs when the dish came out of the oven. I don’t think I would make this recipe again, even though I enjoyed it, because I already have some similar recipes and it didn’t taste too different.