I am mostly sure that this is another recipe from the French Metro newspaper.
- 6 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (I think this is maybe a little too much onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder according to online. Hm, I think I have been doing that wrong. I would probably use 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon myself)
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Combine breadcrumbs, onion, garlic (or garlic powder), salt and pepper.
2. Add meat and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
3. Shape into 6 patties (I made 7, but the seventh was small) and brown patties in skillet for 2 min on each side. Combine tomato sauce and Italian seasonings and pour over patties. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 min until patties are done. Serve with pasta if desired (I put my patties in the oven after this and melted cheese on top and served with fries, because it is a hamburger! And you have to have fries with a burger!)
Verdict: I am not sure about these. I don’t love them but I don’t hate them. I may have to try them for a third time to decide, or just see if I can find a better burger recipe. I also felt like it maybe needed an egg to bind everything together, because a couple of the patties fell apart.