This is another recipe from the French Metro newspaper.
- 2 merguez sausages (we used Italian sausages), chopped
- 2 cups of grated zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (we used about 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/2 cup béchamel sauce (we used tomato sauce instead)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated gouda (we used old cheddar instead)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 475F.
2. Cook the sausages 3 to 4 min, in a bit of olive oil, with the zucchini, onion and garlic.
3. Roll out the pizza crust into a circle. Spread the sauce over half, leaving a border.
4. Add a bit of the cheese to the sausage mixture and spread over sauce. Cover with rest of cheese. Pepper to taste. Fold dough over and pinch to close. Using the yolk, give the top an egg wash.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
Verdict: This wasn’t a bad recipe, but I didn’t find it to be anything special. I couldn’t even taste the zucchini.