I am not sure where I found this recipe. I thought it was a Martha Stewart recipe, but it’s not in my Martha Stewart Cookie cookbook. Weird.
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (the bottle we bought says mint/peppermint extract. I guess it’s the same.)
- 1 3/4 cup mint chocolate chip cookies (we just used milk chocolate chips, because we couldn’t find any mint ones)
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt (if using) and cocoa powder. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, sugar and butter. Add eggs and mint extract. Mix well.
4. Add flour mixture. Add chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake 19-21 min. (I guess we made ours smaller than the recipe, but ours were ready in about 10-11 min.)
Verdict: Mint is not my favourite flavour and this recipe did not change my mind. But it was extremely well loved by my co-workers who ate most of the 66 cookies this recipe made. They were described as being very light.