I found this recipe in a Crisco booklet, though I didn’t actually use any Crisco to make these cookies.
- 1 cup Crisco (we used 1 cup butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup warm honey (we put our in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm it up)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use, because our butter is salted)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large bowl, combine Crisco (or butter), brown sugar and sugar. Beat until blended. Add in egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt (if using). Add to wet ingredient. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 min. (Ours took about 10 min.)
Verdict: Good but not great. They stayed moist for a couple of days, which I always like better than cookies that crisp up too quickly. The batter was quite liquid-y, but when we made our small sized cookies, they didn’t spread out like other batters do. So we made 7 dozen cookies. Hope the people at work enjoy them tomorrow!