This is a recipe I found online, somewhere. I can’t seem to find the original site, but I did find it here.
- 1 cup butter, softened (the recipe called for unsalted, but we used salted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we used salted butter)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/4 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (we used a combination of the two; 8 ounces semi-sweet and 4 ounces bittersweet)
- 3/4 cup almonds, with skin, toasted (omitted)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together baking soda, salt (if using) and flour. Add to wet ingredients.
4. Add oats. Add chocolate and nuts (if using).
5. Drop 1/4 cup sized dough balls (we made ours much smaller ) onto baking sheets and bake 15 to 18 min (our took 8 to 10).
Verdict: I loved them. So did my mom and everyone at work. My sister didn’t like them, though. Weird. A keeper for me!