I got this recipe from Kraft.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 Yukon potatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Brush oil onto bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch oven dish.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients except the egg.
4. Add egg. Mix lightly. Press onto bottom of dish.
5. Bake 55 min to 1 hour, until golden brown.
Verdict: This wasn’t a bad recipe, I think it just lacked a depth of flavour. We ate it with ketchup to make up for the missing taste.