I found this recipe on another online food blog.
- 1 1/2 cup flour (I used all all-purpose and no whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (omitted because I used salted butter)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (we initially forgot to add this for the first two dozen cookies, so when we added it we used half of 1/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt (if using) and coconut.
3. In a large bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar. Add maple syrup.
4. Add egg and vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture.
6. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 min.
Verdict: Both batches of cookies, the non-syrup ones and the syrup ones, actually turned out okay. Shape-wise, the syrup cookies spread out like in the picture above, while the non-syrup ones kept the same shape as when you plopped them onto the baking sheet. My sister liked the non-syrup ones better, while I liked the syrup ones better. They were gooey!