I found this recipe on the Pillsbury site.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 cup basil and garlic tomato sauce (I used a basil only tomato sauce)
- 1 container of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
1. Mix meat and sauce in a large skillet or pot. (It says heat to boiling, but you are just going to be spooning it into dough that you have to manipulate, so I didn’t want it to be hot.)
2. Separate crescent dough into the 8 triangles. Place into a 9 inch pie plate, wide sides out, narrow sides overlapping in a spoke pattern. (Yeah, I did this wrong, with the narrow sides pointed outwards. I found the directions a little confusing.) Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Bring tips of dough over meat to meet in the center. Do not overlap. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and basil.
4. Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 min.
Verdict: I may have found the recipe confusing and the result not all that visually appealing, but it was delicious!