I found this recipe on another food blog. I halved the recipe, because even with half a recipe I get enough waffles for supper for two nights. Unfortunately, there are no pictures because my camera is already packed for vacation.
- 1 tablespoon and 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (I accidentally put a little more)
- 1/2 cup + two tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup + two tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter in microwave and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, honey, egg and vanilla. Mix into dry ingredients. Fold in butter.
4. Cook waffles in a preheated waffle iron.
Verdict: I was hoping to enjoy these waffles because calorie wise they are better than the last waffle recipe I tried, but I didn’t find them that good.