I am pretty sure I found this recipe online somewhere, but I can no longer find the page.
- 450g ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 375g of potatoes, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 pie crust
1. In a bowl, mix the beef, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
2. In another bowl, mix the potatoes, cheddar cheese and carrots.
3. Prepare a 15×15 inch base with the pie crust.
4. Spread meat mixture over crest. Spread potato mixture over meat mixture. Roll.
5. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Prick crust with fork.
6. Bake 45 min at 350F.
Verdict: This was not my favourite recipe. As this was the first time I was trying Worcestershire sauce, I was expecting some kind of different taste to the dish, but I couldn’t taste it at all. As a whole I found that the dish was just kind of bland tasting. Not a keeper.