I found this recipe online. I am not quite sure where though. I found it on this site, but I don’t think that’s where I originally found it.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 egg whites (we used 2 eggs instead)
- 1 pound chicken tenders (we used 1 pound chicken and cut them into small strips)
1. Preheat oven to 475F. Set a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
2. Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper into a food processor and process 1 min until almonds finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in olive oil and process until combined. Transfer to shallow bowl.
3. Whisk eggs in a second bowl. Coat chicken in egg then in almond mixture. Place on wire racks. (It said to coat with spray then turn and coat again. Since we sprayed the bottom, as the recipe indicated, we just sprayed the top and didn’t turn the chicken over.)
4. Bake 20 to 25 min.
Verdict: These were good! The batter wasn’t too thick or too gooey. It didn’t have a lot of crunch to it (which I like) but the taste made up for it.