I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 335F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt (if using). Add to wet ingredients.
4. Add oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake for 12 min.
Verdict: These were delicious. I loved the cinnamon flavour. The texture was perfect, not too gooey but not too crisp. These might be my favourite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie I have tried. We made 28 in this batch. I made a second batch substituting another 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for the half cups of raisins and brought that batch to work where they were a big hit. I think I liked the version with raisins better, because the raisin and cinnamon flavours really worked well together.