I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 8 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces (we used 4)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we used 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Add to wet ingredients.
4. Add in Oreos and chocolate chips (at this point, we could see that the batter wasn’t going to make very much and I don’t like to have chocolate chip cookies that are overwhelmed with too many chips, so we cut down the Oreo and chocolate chips by half).
5. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 min (we used a funky shaped baking sheet, but they still only needed 9 min).
Verdict: These cookies got rave reviews at work! I like my chocolate chips cookies a little moister so I found these a little too crunchy. Though I think I ate 11 of the 30 we ended up making.