I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs (it seemed like a lot, so we started with two, but found we needed to add a third to make it moist enough)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 crushed Oreo cookies (we used double-stuff)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup butter
- Pinch of salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 10 crushed Oreo cookies (omitted because we didn’t have any left)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin moulds.
2. Combine butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in crushed cookies.
3. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake 20 min (ours needed only about 15-18 and we made ours a little larger)
1. Beat together butter and sugar. (We tasted it and immediately knew something was wrong. So we added in 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk, which the internet said made for a more traditional buttercream; the results were much better and yummier.)
Verdict: Loved these cupcakes! We made 12 cupcakes.