I found this recipe in one of my mom’s cookbooks: Magnificent Cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter. Add brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add mashed bananas.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Drop by spoonful onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 min.
Verdict: These were delicious! A main problem we have had with banana pancake recipes is that the banana taste overwhelmed everything else. In this recipe the banana worked to enhance the flavour of the chocolate chip cookie without hiding all the other tastes. And they stayed pretty moist for a couple of days after. We made about 60.