This is another recipe I found in the French Metro newspaper.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups ham, diced (we used a 300g package of smoked ham)
- 150g of broccoli (I think we used about 1 cup)
- 8 manicotti (we were able to make 12)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Brown onion in some butter (not the 1/4 cup of butter). Add ham, broccoli and half the cheese. And a pinch of marjoram. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook the manicotti as directed. Drain and rinse in cold water. Stuff with the ham mixture.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 min. Add the milk and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add the rest of the cheese. Stir until smooth.
4. Spread some cheese sauce on the bottom of and oven dish. Place the manicotti in the dish. Cover with rest of cheese sauce.
5. Bake at 375F for 30 min.
Verdict: These were really good. I am not really sure about the cheese sauce, I think I may just buy some from the store next time. Or maybe these would taste just as good with a tomato sauce? For myself, when it comes to making and freezing food, I have seen that broccoli doesn’t hold up well, so I am also looking for something else to substitute into the recipe.