I found this recipe online, though I can’t remember which site or blog.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups large marshmallows (this sounded like a lot. And while I don’t know exactly how much we used, I don’t think it was close to this)
1. Position the oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Crust: Stir together butter, Graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Press into the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 20 min.
3. Brownie: Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over heated water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and sugar. Stir in vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour.
4. Pour batter over crust. Bake 40 to 45 min until the top is crispy or a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs.
5. Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler and preheat broiler to low.
6. Cover top of brownie with marshmallows as desired. Broil 2 min until golden (keeping a close eye on it, because marshmallows go from white to almost burnt in a second!).
Verdict: I liked that the brownies were gooey, but weirdly enough I found that the layers didn’t really work well all together.