I found this recipe in a Magazine called Inspire that they give out free at my grocery store.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise style dressing (we used a Caesar salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 3 min. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
3. Arrange chicken on a foil lined baking sheet or in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Combine dressing and mustard. Stir in broccoli, onion and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spread evenly over the chicken pieces. Bake 15 to 17 min, until chicken is cooked through.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese and almonds on top. Broil until cheese is lightly browned.
Verdict: I liked this recipe, but didn’t love it. I am not sure why this didn’t come together as a meal for me, but there was a depth of flavour I thought was lacking.