I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I accidentally used 2 1/2 cup flour instead)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted because I used salted butter)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we used 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt (if using).
4. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
5. Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 min.
Verdict: Despite my mistake in the baking process, we all really enjoyed these cookies. They were a little denser than expected, because I used too much flour, so they needed about 11-12 min to cook. We made just under 3 dozen. Hopefully they taste just as good with the right amount of flour!