I am pretty sure I found this recipe in a Crisco booklet.
- 1 cup butter flavoured Crisco (we used butter)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (we used 1 1/2 cups, which we thought were enough)
- 3/4 cups chopped cashew pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine Crisco (or butter), brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in eggs and mayonnaise.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt (if using) in another bowl. Add to wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 min.
Verdict: These were good. They were both crispy and moist (though a little crispier than I normally like). Though I don’t think cashews work for me personally in a chocolate chip cookie.