One of my sister’s favourite cookies are shortbread cookies. So this holiday season I decided I would try out a recipe for them. I got this recipe from the Martha Stewart Cookie Cookbook.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
1. Mix together flour and salt (if using) in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter. Mix in icing sugar. Gradually add in flour.
3. Chill dough 20 min.
4. Preheat oven to 300F with the rack in upper third.
(We made the cookies a little differently from this point on.)
5. Roll out dough. Cut with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown (I think ours needed around 20 min. We turned halfway through.)
Verdict: This recipe got my sister’s approval! My mom also thought they tasted just right!