This is another recipe I found from Kraft. We made it as another side dish for our Christmas turkey.
- 8 cups cut-up romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing, divided (we only used 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn (we didn’t use)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes (we used halved cherry tomatoes)
1. Toss lettuce with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
2. Top lettuce with layers of Parmesan, bacon, croutons and tomatoes.
3. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Verdict: Caesar salad is not usually my thing. But I didn’t mind this salad. In fact, I kind of liked it! I think I will have to try it again with the actual Asiago Caesar dressing the original recipe called for (it wasn’t the type we had) because I just found out I really like Asiago cheese. And it is always good to have a salad recipe.