I am pretty sure I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper. It also marks my first time trying out my slow cooker!
- 700g beef cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, thinly slices (we didn’t use all of a large onion, because ours was rather large. We probably used closer to a small onion)
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 or 5 medium potatoes (we used 4), diced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon basil
1. Place the meat at the bottom of the slow cooker (it can’t be frozen).
2. Add the vegetables, in layers. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add in tomato soup, tomato juice and basil.
4. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. (We cooked ours 7 and the bigger potato pieces were still a little hard.)
Verdict: I liked this. It was like a beef stew, but with a tomato base instead of a gravy base. Next time I might add more carrots and make sure the potatoes are all cut small, so they can all cook properly.