I found this recipe in the Inspire magazine given out at my grocery store.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped (we had only about half this amount left in the house)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 4 apples (or 3 cups), peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix flour, oats, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to mixture. Combine the butter with the mixture until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
3. Combine fruit in another bowl. Mix with the 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
4. Place fruit in a 9×9 baking dish. Top with oat mixture. Bake 45 min.
Verdict: I am not sure if we made it in too big a bowl, but the topping was much thinner than I would normally like on top of a crisp. Maybe if we had the right amount of nuts it would have been different, but I am not sure. My sister and I both thought that the raspberries kind of overpowered the apples so that you couldn’t even taste that there were apples in the dish, but my mom thought it has the right balance.