I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper.
- 4 Italian sausages
- 3 celery branches
- 1/2 onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 red peppers (omitted)
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of saffron
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the casing on the sausages. Chop up the sausages.
2. Dice the onion, celery, peppers and tomatoes.
3. Brown the onion and celery on medium heat.
4. Add the sausages.
5. Once the sausages are cooked, add the tomatoes and rice and brown one minute.
6. Add the chicken broth, saffron, salt and pepper.
7. Cover and cook 30 min, or until rice is cooked.
Verdict: At the 30 min mark, the rice was cooked but there was still a lot of liquid left. I think we could have started with more rice.
This was the recipe where I finally concluded without a doubt, that I do not like Italian sausage.