This is another recipe I got from the French Metro newspaper.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheese of your choice (we used Monterey Jack)
- Pepper to taste
1. Cut butter into flour until grainy. Add water and work dough until it is uniform. Roll it out and place it in the bottom of a pie dish.
2. Mix the eggs, cream, shallots, bacon and half the cheese. Pepper to taste.
3. Pour into the crust and sprinkle with rest of cheese.
4. Bake at 380F for 45 min.
Verdict: This was a good quiche. And the crust was easy to make and very delicious!