I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper.
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large leek, cut into slices
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 9 cups water or chicken broth (we used a combination of the two)
- 150g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil. Cover and let simmer 1 hour.
2. Use an immersion blender to chop everything up. Let simmer another 15 min.
Verdict: We didn’t really like this soup. It didn’t have much of a taste to it. Maybe it called for too much water, washing out the taste? I’m not sure.