I made this recipe a while ago and had sorted it into my “keep” pile. I have been trying to go through my “keep” recipes, to see which ones hold up on re-make. This may have come from the French Metro newspaper.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. In a large bowl, mix together sugar and butter.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
6. Spread into a lightly greased pan.
7. Bake 20 min (mine was done in 10).
Verdict: I found these brownies to be a little too dry and lacking in a substantial chocolate taste.