I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare baking sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt (if using) and baking soda.
3. Mash bananas in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in bananas. Mix in flour mixture.
5. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Drop by spoonful on baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 min.
Verdict: I liked these cookies. I though the sweetness of the coconut matched the banana quite nicely. They were also very moist. My only small complaint is that the cookie tasted more like a banana cookie than a chocolate chip cookie. We made 6 dozen small-ish cookies.