I originally found this recipe online, but I can’t seem to find it again.
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 eggs (we used 6)
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese (not sold at my grocery store or, at the least, out of stock this week. We substituted both cheese for 1/2 cup + 2/3 cup of a cheese called Bergeron)
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (see above note)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to325F.
2. Cook the bacon. Drain. Crumble the bacon pieces.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook on medium-low heat until softened, about 7 min.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the bacon, onions, cheese, salt and pepper.
5. Pour into skillet. Cook on burner for 3 min, until sides start to set. Transfer to oven and bake until firm, 20 to 25 min.
Verdict: Like pizza, omelettes and frittatas are not my favourite thing in the world. I keep trying them in the hopes of finding one that will change my mind. This recipe was good. Even with a completely different cheese, it worked really well with the bacon. But it is not the recipe that changes my mind about frittatas.