I found this recipe from Kraft.
- 1 package chocolate cake (+ ingredients to make it as per the box)
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, divided (omitted, because I do not like peanut butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 48 mini Oreos
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream (this is for icing the cupcakes, but we just used vanilla icing instead)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cake mix according to box and set aside.
2. Whisk together the cream cheese, (half or 6 tablespoons of the peanut butter, if using) egg and sugar in a small bowl until well mixed.
3. Fill 24 muffin moulds up about halfway.
4. Place a tablespoon of the cream cheese mix into each muffin then top with a mini Oreo. Top with remaining cake mix.
5. Bake 22 min or until done.
6. (Mix remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with whipped cream and ice the cupcake when cool.) Top each iced cupcake with another mini-Oreo.
Verdict: These cupcakes were moist (though that is probably down to the brand of cake mix you use). I mostly made this recipe to try and get over my dislike of cream cheese. I thought that mixed together and surrounded by chocolate would help and I have to say that I didn’t taste the cream cheese at all. The Oreos that were baked inside the cupcakes got a little mushy so that there wasn’t that crunch that I was expecting. But really good cupcakes!