Though I am not completely sure, I think I found this recipe in one of the free French newspapers they hand out at the Metro stations.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 cups peeled, diced apples
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, 1/4 cup of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon.
3. Cut in the butter until the mixture is grainy.
4. In a big bowl, mix together the blueberries, apples, remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar.
5. Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dish. Cover with oat mixture.
6. Bake 50 min, until crust is golden and apples are tender.
Verdict: Although I thought the fruits worked together, there was something off about the crust. As a whole, it just wasn’t crispy enough for me.