I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 19 ounce can Progresso Vegetable classic tomato basil soup (I am only mentioning the brand here, because it’s one that the stores in my area do not carry. We used a tomato basil soup, but there were no vegetables in it)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion. Stir frequently, until beef is cooked. Drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place rice and water in prepared baking dish. Stir to mix. Layer cooked beef, zucchini and tomato over rice. Pour soup on top. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 40 min. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 more min.
Verdict: While I thought this was a good dish, for me all of the flavours really didn’t work well enough together to make it a great dish. The rice just kind of felt weird and out of place in the dish.