This is a recipe from Pillsbury.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (two tablespoons of this is to melt for a topping, but we didn’t use those)
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- (we didn’t use the 10 pecans they said for the topping)
- Whipped cream
1. Make pie crust as directed.
2. Heat oven to 325F.
3. In a large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix in the 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and the 1 1/2 cup of pecans.
4. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake 55 to 65 minutes (ours was ready at 50 min).
5. Let cool about 1 hour. (The topping is pecans dipped in melted chocolate on top of whipped cream, but we had run out of pecans so we just topped pieces with whipped cream).
Verdict: Pecans are not my favourite. My sister doesn’t like them at all. But pecan pie is one of my mom’s favourites, so we made it this week for mother’s day. She loved the pie, more than the last one we made, though she wished there hadn’t been any chocolate chips in it.