This is another recipe I got from Kraft.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (we used 3)
- 225g green beans, trimmed and blanched (we didn’t use, because I do not like beans)
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
1. First off, because my mom does not like raw onion, we brown the onion in a skillet.
2. I admit, our salad did not look as neat as the one on Kraft’s website, as we put everything together in one bowl and just tossed it together with the dressing.
Verdict: I liked but didn’t love this salad. The lettuce, bacon and croutons are all pretty standard salad ingredients. So the eggs were pretty much what made this recipe unique. While it added an interesting texture and taste to it, I really wasn’t won over to the idea of hard-boiled eggs in a salad.