I found this recipe on another food blog, though I adapted it a little. The original recipe had some chocolate melted on top with sprinkles of salt. We just made the cookie itself without any of extra topping stuff.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and caramel sauce.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Mix into wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Place spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake 8 min.
Verdict: We made 6 dozen cookies. They were really good. There really wasn’t a caramel taste to them, though. The caramel sauce gave the cookies some added sweetness and a smoother texture.