I’ve seen this recipe on a lot of food blogs, but the first one I saw it on was here.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 10 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- 1 bag double-stuffed Oreos (we made more cookies than the original, so we ran out of Oreos with only one bag)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt (if using) and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
4. (We made our cookies a little smaller than the original recipe. We just took enough dough to cover the Oreo cookie completely. Which is how we ran out of Oreo cookies before we ran out of dough. So we also made some plain no-sandwich cookies as well. Both took about 9 min to bake.)
Verdict: We made 24 sandwich cookies and 24 non sandwich cookies. My mom and sister really loved the basic dough of these chocolate chip cookies as well as the sandwich factor. It’s funny that with the last chocolate chip cookies we made with Oreos in them, my sister complained of a chemical taste to them, which I didn’t taste at all. This time, I tasted the chemical taste that no one else did. I think, in the other cookies, with the Oreo cookies chopped/crumbled up, I didn’t get as much of the cream together as I did here, where it definitely has a strange taste to me.