I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (we used one of the recommended substitutes: 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/4 cup milk)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking spray for waffle iron
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the buttermilk (or substitutes), egg yolks, butter and vanilla.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
4. Beat the eggs whites until stiff peaks form and retain their shape. Gently mix into batter.
5. Spread onto preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray and cook as per directions of your waffle iron.
Verdict: These were good but lacking a distinctive taste to them.