I found this recipe in a Canadian Living magazine.
- 1 lbs of cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 796ml can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (we probably only used a couple of tablespoons)
1. (Since we do not like raw onion, we cooked them in a skillet for a bit).
2. Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Three minutes before they are done, add the broccoli. Drain.
3. (This was added to the onions). Bring tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper to boil in a large skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 min.
4. Add pasta and broccoli to the mix. Sprinkle with cheese.
Verdict: I didn’t really like this dish. The tomatoes never thickened into anything like a sauce and I didn’t like them in combination with the broccoli.