I am pretty sure I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt (if using).
3. Mix in the butter until you get a crumbly mixture. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
4. In another bowl, mix together the egg, milk and vanilla. Pour into the well in the flour mixture. Mix just enough to dampen.
5. Pour mixture into a cake mould.
6. Peel and slice the apples. Press into the top of the cake batter.
7. Mix together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of apples.
8. Bake for 35 min.
Verdict: This was delicious. The cake itself was good, but the apples and cinnamon topping on top made it great! And it tasted good with ice and caramel sauce too.