I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, salt (if using) and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients. Add oats, chocolate chip and nuts.
4. Drop onto baking sheet (they are quite liquid-y, so we made small ones) and bake 12-14 min (ours needed around 10).
Verdict: We made four dozen small cookies. These were really good. They had a nice, but not overpowering sweetness to them. I also found them to be a nice mix of crunchy and moist.