I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (I used a small to medium onion)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen French fries
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Sprinkle flour over beef mixture and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Spread beef mixture in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with fries.
4. Bake 20 min uncovered until potatoes are golden.
Verdict: This reminded me of an Italian poutine I had a little while ago, only with more meat and less sauce. And I had the same problem I had here that I had in that (and all other) poutines: the fries are too mushy and not crispy enough.